Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Thing #7ab - RSS Reader

To my surprise, I have really enjoyed my RSS reader. It makes it really easy to keep track of the most interesting articles that are on the sites that I am monitoring. I am getting really adept at skimming and scanning the feeds and picking out only the items that I think will be worth my time reading. I found several things of interest in the past few days. I read about a book recommendation engine that seemed to be quite useful to find books that I will enjoy for school and entertainment. I also found a tool that will take out all the ads and clutter around a YouTube video so that you can safely view it in the classroom. The site is View Pure. It is well worth the visit to this site.
Another site that I think my college students will be able to use is NOOKstudy which gives them online access to over 500,000 textbooks and will allow them to write in study notes etc.. I have already found many useful tools from the readers. I'll keep on reading.......

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are enjoying your RSS feeds. Learning how to skim/scan is half the battle. View Pure is something new for me. I will be taking a look.

    ReplyDelete