Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Thing #20 Google Docs

I created a document for the beginning of the school year and sent it to collaborate with a colleague. Google Docs will be great for sharing documents with the grade level without having to print and send it to each one on the team. Each teacher will be able to look at the document and correct errors and then let me know that they had proofread the notice. It will be very convenient for that use. Occasionally we have letters or forms that have to be sent out in a short space of time and google docs will give us an advantage in getting it printed and out to the parents in a timely fashion.

I uploaded a spreadsheet and a powerpoint. The spreadsheet was easy and quick. It will be easy to access it from school and home without having to carry a flashdrive or hard copies of the document. However, I think that the Powerpoint feature would be very difficult to use. I uploaded one of the Powerpoints that I had already created on my computer and it would not let me show it from google. I had to download it to the computer to get it to play. The templates for Power point presentations would be hard to use. There were so many of them to choose from. I would have to know exactly how I wanted it to look before I even began to search for a format for my presentation. There was also not much storage space before I would have to ask for more storage. I think that for presentations that a flash drive or an external hard drive would be more efficient.

No comments:

Post a Comment