Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Thing #22 Facebook

I decided to sign up for Facebook. It is a totally new experience for me to be involved in an online group of this nature. I looked up my son and he actually let me become a friend so that I can now keep up with him better. I gave out several requests to friends and family and I am waiting for a reply from most of them. Now that I am actually a member of a social network I can see the benefits of how families and friends across the country could stay connected by using a social network. My facebook account will help me stay connected with my children and my grandchildren. I now see that they can be a very useful tool in our society that is becoming more and more fluid. I grew up in a neighborhood where I knew everyone and they knew me. I had a physical network of people that I knew and socialized with. I think these electronic connections are replacing our neighborhood connetions. I chose facebook because I felt that it had more positive things to offer and because my teenagers use facebook to network and I want to keep better track of them. It also had the most useful features such as the ease of uploading pictures/videos and seemed to have more options available. Eventually, I think that teachers will be doing as much online teaching as they do physical teaching. You could answer homework questions and even post information about upcoming events on a social networking site. I think that more and more technology is in our future.

No comments:

Post a Comment